VitaVit D3 1000iu
- Regular price
- £14.99 GBP
- Regular price
- Sale price
- £14.99 GBP
- Unit price
SHARE THIS ITEM
The symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency in adults include:
- tiredness, aches and pains, and a general sense of not feeling well
- severe bone or muscle pain or weakness that may cause difficulty climbing stairs or getting up from the floor or a low chair, or cause you to walk with a waddling gait
- stress fractures, especially in your legs, pelvis, and hips
What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is sometimes called the “sunshine vitamin” because it’s produced in your skin in response to sunlight. Vitamin D helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body. These nutrients are needed to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy.
Why do I need it?
Vitamin D has several important functions. Perhaps the most vital are regulating the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, and facilitating normal immune system function.
What happens if I dont get enough?
Why cant I just get Vitamin D from the Sun?
- Being in an area with high pollution
- Using sunscreen
- Spending more time indoors
- Living in big cities where buildings block sunlight
Having darker skin. (The higher the levels of melanin, the less vitamin D the skin can absorb.)
Doctors can diagnose a vitamin D deficiency by performing a simple blood test. If you have a deficiency, your doctor may order X-rays to check the strength of your bones.
If you’re diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency, your doctor will likely recommend you take daily vitamin D supplements. If you have a severe deficiency, they may instead recommend high-dose vitamin D tablets or liquids. You should also make sure to get vitamin D through sunlight and the foods you eat.
Few foods contain vitamin D naturally. Because of this, some foods are fortified. This means that vitamin D has been added. Foods that contain vitamin D include:
- salmon, shrimp & sardines
- egg yolk
- milk (fortified)
- cereal (fortified)
- yogurt (fortified)
- orange juice (fortified)
It can be hard to get enough vitamin D each day through sun exposure and food alone, so taking vitamin D supplements can help.
Viamin D3 tablets from Vita Sharks provide a high strength supplement with an optimum recommended dose of 25µg (1,000iu) of vitamin D3 in each tablet. Vitamin D3 is the form of vitamin D that is made in the body and therefore is far more easy to absorb and retain than other forms.
7 Signs you are VITAMIN D deficient
- You're always sick
- You're always exhausted
- Your bones are weak
- You have back pain
- You often feel down
- Your muscles are always sore
- You've started losing hair
Allergy Advice: According to our suppliers of raw material this product is free from all common allergens, including gluten, wheat, dairy, eggs, fish, crustaceans, molluscs, soy, sesame, celery, mustard.** ** Although rigorous precautions are taken to prevent any cross-contamination, this product is manufactured in a facility that also handles allergy-based materials such as nuts, seeds, milk, egg, cereals, soya, mustard, celery, fish, crustaceans and sulphites
Always consult your health practitioner before taking nutritional supplements, especially if you are taking medication or are under medical supervision. Not recommended for use by pregnant or breastfeeding women. You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet or healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach of children.
SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS & VEGANS. Food Supplement 25µg (1000iu) x 180 Tablets.
100% Pure - We use all natural ingredients.
Free from ✘lactose, ✘salt, ✘starch, ✘maize, ✘wheat/gluten, ✘yeast, ✘dairy, ✘artificial preservatives & colours and genetically modified organisms (✘GMOs).
- Helps maintenance of normal bone and teeth
- Supports normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus and the maintenance of normal blood calcium concentrations
- Supports normal cell division
- Supports normal function of the immune system and healthy inflammatory response
- Supports the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Plant sourced, suitable for vegans.
- Vitamin D3 1000iu Pure Vegan Capsule (cholecalciferol)
- NHS RDA 1000IU (25μg)
- 6 Month Supply (180 Tablets)
- For Healthy Skin, Bones, Teeth, Muscles & Immune System