VitaBoost Complete Immunity Complex + Vitamin C & D
- Bowel Health
- Energy & Recovery
- Nervous System
- Oxidative Stress
- Iron Absorption
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin which cannot be stored in the body, meaning a regular intake is essential. Vitamin C is vital for at least 300 metabolic reactions, including the synthesis of collagen in the skin and joints, metabolism of stress hormones and immune reactions. It is also an important antioxidant, especially in the eye where it protects the lens.
Arguably the most important vitamin for immunity and anti-inflammatory actions
Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is mainly present in fruits and vegetables. The consumption of such foods is important since, unlike other animals, humans do not have the ability to produce this essential micronutrient themselves. This means we must top up our vitamin C daily, through the foods we eat and/or food supplements. Because it is water soluble, this essential vitamin can also easily be lost during cooking and long-term storage.
Vitamin C intake is required more now than ever before, due to the high amount of processed foods consumed, which are lacking in this essential vitamin and antioxidant. This formula contains vitamin C from multiple sources ie herbs, berries and ascorbic acid.
Vitamin D is a hormone-like substance that unlike other vitamins your body can manufacture under the right conditions. While obtainable from the diet, we can synthesise the levels we need when the skin is exposed to sunlight during spring and summer. Public Health England recommends everyone takes Vitamin D supplements during autumn and winter.
If inflammation persists for a prolonged period of time, it becomes chronic inflammation.
The yellow pigment in turmeric, called curcumin, is a powerful antioxidant shown to reduce free radical damage in the body. Curcumin has long been used in ayurveda as a blood purifier, stomachic, carminative, bile stimulant and, more particularly, to strengthen liver function.
Turmeric is perhaps most commonly associated with its anti-inflammatory actions. Inflammation is the body’s natural response to injury or infection, often causing localised redness, swelling, pain or heat. It may also cause loss of function of the involved tissues. Acute inflammation is typically a protective and localised response to infection or injury. It is designed to heal the body and restore normal tissue function.
- We have created a specific new immunity formula in response to the worldwide pandemic, in order to help people to simultaneously boost their immune system and fight off infection - both during this time of need and going forward.
- This formula is a tailored combination of both immunity ingredients and highly potent herbal anti-virals and anti-bacterials
- Vitamin C contributes to maintaining the normal function of the immune system. It also contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal psychological function, protection of cells from oxidative stress, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E and increases iron absorption.
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system and healthy inflammatory response, normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus, normal blood calcium levels, the maintenance of normal bones, the maintenance of normal muscle function, the maintenance of normal teeth, it has a role in the process of cell division and is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children.
- Selenium contributes to the maintenance of normal hair, the maintenance of normal nails, the normal function of the immune system, normal thyroid function and the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Capsule: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC), Vitamin C (as L-Ascorbic Acid), Baobab Fruit Pulp, Acerola Cherry Extract, Anti-Caking Agent: Magnesium Stearate (Vegetable Source), Zinc (as Zinc Citrate), Vitamin E (as DL-alpha-tocopheryl acetate), Lacto bacillus Acidophilus, As trag alus R oot Extract, Bulking Agent: Brown Rice Flour, Rei shi Mushro om Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Black Pepper Extract (Piper Nigrum), Black Elderberry Extract, Cayenne Powder (Capsicum Frutescens) Extract, Selenium (as L-Seleno Methionine), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Rosehip Extract, Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) Granulated, Vitamin D2 (as Ergocalciferol), Black Aged Garlic Extract, Ginger Root (Zingiber Officinalis) Extract.
Contains no added: artificial colours, flavourings, preservatives, gluten, dairy, lactose, sugar, wheat or yeast.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Vitamin B6 contributes to the normal function of the immune system, the regulation of hormonal activity, normal cysteine synthesis, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal homocysteine metabolism, normal protein and glycogen metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.