- Regular price
- £14.99 GBP
- Regular price
- Sale price
- £14.99 GBP
- Unit price
SHARE THIS ITEM
Magnesium is a fascinating mineral that is involved in nearly 300 biochemical reactions within the body with wide and varied benefits ranging from energy production though to brain function. With such wide and varied usages by the body, it may not surprise you to learn that magnesium deficiency is very widespread in the adult population.
The main reasons for a magnesium deficiency are two-fold; the demands for this mineral are often not met by our intake of green leafy vegetables and of course as we age, our body becomes less efficient at absorbing magnesium due to a lack of digestive enzymes whose production declines rapidly.
Some of the common signs indicating a deficiency include low energy levels, weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite, frequent headaches and nausea.
Magnesium citrate is one of the most common forms of magnesium used in tablets and capsules. It is derived by bonding magnesium to citric acid. As a citrate, it has an acidic base which means primarily it has a cleansing effect on the gut as is often recommended in detoxification regimens. Some of it will pass into the bloodstream and ongoing usage may gradually restore low magnesium levels.
Magnesium is important for:
- Optimal nerve function
- Most enzyme processes require magnesium
- Essential for bone health, half of one’s total magnesium is found in bone tissue
- Vital for protein synthesis required for the repair processes within the body
- Crucial for energy production; magnesium alongside CoQ10 work to manufacture the energising molecule ATP.
- Regulates cortisol within the brain helping to alleviate some of the symptoms of stress.
- May help improve memory and brain function
- Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Magnesium contributes to electrolyte balance
- Magnesium contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Magnesium contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function
- Magnesium contributes to normal protein synthesis
- Magnesium contributes to normal psychological function
- Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth
- Magnesium has a role in the process of cell division
✔ 150mg elemental magnesium per capsule in a highly bioavailable form. Convenient fast absorbing daily magnesium supplement.
✔ Magnesium is considered by experts to be a vital mineral required by every organ within the body. Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue and supports normal energy-yielding metabolism. Magnesium contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system and psychological function.
✔ Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth. Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function and protein synthesis. This is a highly absorbable form of magnesium compared to the more commonly available form of oxides.
✔ With antibacterial antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Supports the body's immune system, allowing organs and processes of the body that provide resistance to infection and toxins to function optimally. Manufactured in the UK to GMP code of practice.✔ Magnesium citrate is ideal for those with digestive issues or those who do not absorb other mineral forms so easily. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
IngredientsOne capsule typically provides:
Magnesium 150mg (40% NRV*) from Magnesium Citrate 500mg
*Nutrient Reference Value
Full Ingredients: Magnesium Citrate, Capsule Shell: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Bulking Agent: Brown Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide.
Allergy Advice: According to our suppliers of raw material this product is free from all common allergens, including gluten, wheat, dairy, eggs, fish, crustaceans, molluscs, soy, sesame, celery, mustard.**
** Although rigorous precautions are taken to prevent any cross-contamination, this product is manufactured in a facility that also handles allergy-based materials such as nuts, seeds, milk, egg, cereals, soya, mustard, celery, fish, crustaceans and sulphites.